Here are the Top Ten Khmer Proverbs. Enjoy!
10. A mountain never has two tigers
Phnom mouy min del mean kla pi
9. A bunch of sticks can not be broken.
Changkes mouy bach kach min bak
8. When water raises, fish eats ant; when water lowers, ants eat fish
Dtek loeng trey sisra-mauch, dtek hauch sra-mauch si trey
7. Anger is damage; anger is waste
Khoeng koch, khoeng khat
(I need to work on this khmer proverb :))
6. Feeling shame of being ignorant leads to having knowledgeable, feeling shame of being poor leads to wealth.
Kmas lngueng toeb ches,Kmas kror toeb mean
Top 5 Khmer Proverbs
5. Knowing is never better
Chea min chnah chorng
4. Knowledge is from learning, wealth from business
Ches mok pi rean, mean mok pi rork
Damrey choeung buon khung mean bploat, nek prach ches stoat khung mean phlek
I had to change the translation to this khmer proverb a little to make sure the 4 feet is understood as the elephant having literally 4 feet to stand on and not 4 feet tall.
2. Drop by drop fills the container
Tork Tork Penh Bampong
Ches dob min smoeuning prasab mouy
I hope you enjoyed all of these great khmer proverbs. Khmer proverbs usually make a lot sense, and their translations could give some motivation to our lives.
If you liked this top 10 Khmer proverbs check out Top 10Facebook khmer sayings